Thursday, November 11, 2010

Less rock, more Jazz...



Ok, even though this blog is supposed to be all about Mikey, I'm going to make an exception for this entry because I came across a really great article that I think anyone should read if they get the chance. It'll make a lot more sense to you if you love NBA basketball and have been following the Jazz recently with their two come from behind wins this week in Miami and Orlando, but even if you don't like basketball, the main ideas are worth thinking about. It's about inspiring others, being consistent, working hard, having a positive attitude and (I quote) 'about how every darned thing on this planet can be influenced by the smallest things.' These are all things, of course, that I hope Mikey learns and applies as he grows up (so there's my excuse for including it in his blog:). I love the 'cosmic irony' part about Coach Sloan towards the end:) The article is called 'Less rock, more Jazz' and here's the link:
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/21551/less-rock-more-jazz

Enjoy!
PS So the article makes a little more sense for those of you who don't follow basketball, Maurice Lucas died of cancer on October 31 this year at the age of 58.
PPS Lena and I both loved the picture above of Millsap. Isn't it cool!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment